I got this Recipe from Chipotle site.
Tried it and came out wonderful. Those who loves Mexican Dishes will become crazy for this Fajita Bowl.
I am uploading the original recipe from Chipotle.
1) Guacamole – 2 tsp (Can buy it from any supermarket in the cold section)
2) Sour Cream – 2 tsp (Can buy it from any supermarket in the cold section may be near by milk)
3) Shredded cheese – 1 tsp
4) Hot Salsa – 2 tsp
5) Celery – 1 cup
6) Chipotle Corn Salsa – 4 tbsp (Recipe Given Below)
7) Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette -2 tsp (Recipe Given Below) Used to pour over Celery.
8) Chipotle’s Lemon Rice – 5 tbsp (Recipe Given Below)
9) Fajita Vegetables – 4tbsp (Recipe Given Below)
10) Carnitas – 2 tbsp (Recipe Given Below)
Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
6 Ears Sweet Yellow Corn
2 Poblano Chilies
1/2 Red Onion
2 Red Jalapenos
1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Roast the corn and Poblano chilies on a grill or BBQ and let cool. Cut the corn off the cob. Dice the Poblano chilies, onion, and red jalapenos.
2)Combine all the ingredients and season to taste and keep it aside.
:- I used normal green chillies instead of Poblano chilies and used frozen packed sweet corn.
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup honey
2 t Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 1/4 t ground chipotle powder
1 t lime juice
3/4 t black pepper
3/4 t salt
1/2 t paprika
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t dried oregano
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients, except oil in blender and blend on low speed
for ten seconds.
2. SLOWLY drizzle olive oil into blender on low speed.
3. Chill for at least an hour.
Chipotle’s Basmati Rice Recipe
1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter
2 tsp. fresh cilantro
2/3 cup white basmati rice
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
Bell Pepper -1 no
Onion -1 no
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
1) Slice whole green bell peppers and red onion, then saute them in a bit of soy oil with chopped, fresh oregano until bright and slightly crisp.
2) Chill them for 1/2 an hour.
1) Pork – 1 cup sliced pieces
2) Oregano – 1/2 tsp
3) Black Pepper – 1 tsp
4) Red chilly – 1/2 tsp
5) Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
6) Ginger/Garlic – 1/4 tsp
7) Olive Oil – as required
8) Onion – 1/4 cup
9) Salt – to taste
1) Mix all the masala with the pork pieces and marinate it for 15 mins.
2) Cook all ingredients together until the pieces become soft and tender.
3) Allow it to chill for half an hour.
Now its time to Serve your Fajita
1) Take a Bowl , amount of each ingredients to be served is explained in the beginning.
2) Spread lemon rice in the bowl.
3) On top of the Rice spread the celery ,Pour Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette on top of it.
4) Spread Chipotle-Corn Salsa as another layer.
5) Spread Carnitas over it.
6) As the Next layer Spread Fajita Vegetables.
7) Next u need to pour Guacamole, Sour Cream,Hot salsa over it.
8) As final Garnishing spread the shredded cheese .